L. Raphael, My husband Pedro C. Raphael passed away on 21…

Customer Question
My name is*****...

My name is***** My husband Pedro C. Raphael passed away on 21 October 2017 in the Latin Country of Panama Colon. He had dual Citizen Ship. He served in the Army for 23yrs 2mos. 14dys. He was in 2 wars Vietnam and Desert Storm. My problem is my Death Certificates are all in Spanish. I have 4 establishments that want the Death Certificates translate to English and certified as true copies. I thought I could go to our US Consulate here in Denver. Unfortunate we do not have one to help me. Can you direct me in the right direction? ( The office that issued me the Death Certificates stated they do not translate to English and could not direct me to who could}. I cremated him as his wishes. I brought him here to Denver with all legal papers in Spanish. He wanted to be buried at Fort Logan Cemetery with full Military Honors, which he deserves . He was an E9 Command Sargent Major highly decorated. PLEASE HELP ME! Thank You. I will forever be grateful.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

What is USCIS?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One is for a bank, the other three are for Life Insurances.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/25/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Did the bank or life insurance company specify to you who has to do the translation? Or are they requesting a whole new death certificate? I presume the death certificate was issued in Panama Colon. So do you just need a translator or do they actually want a new death certificate issued by Panama Colon or the United States?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.