PLEASE EXCUSE LARGE FONT (VISION) I LIVE IN AN APARTMENT IN…

Customer Question
HELLO, PLEASE EXCUSE LARGE...

HELLO, PLEASE EXCUSE LARGE FONT (VISION) I LIVE IN AN APARTMENT IN JACKSONVILLE, FL. I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE LACK OF MAINTENANCE (VERY POOR) I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.THE LIGHT BULBS CONSTANTLY BLOW IN ALL OF THE ROOMS IN THIS APARTMENT. TH ERE IS A CHANDELIER THAT HAS BLOWN ALL SIX OF ITS BULBS. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS TO HAPPEN SO OFTEN. DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE? ALSO THEY MOVED A FAMILY ABOVE ME. THERE ARE TWO YOUNGSTERS WHO RIP AND RUN MOST OF THE DAY UNTIL 10-11 AT NIGHT. I WENT UP TO COMPLAIN BUT IT CONTINU ES TO HAPPEN. CAN I FORCE THE LANDLORDS TO TAKE ACTION TO SETTLE TH IS MATTER. I HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS AND IT IT VERY TIRING FOR ME., HELP

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE, FL AND THAT IS WHERE THIS IS TAKING PLACE.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO TO EITHER OF MY CONCERNS. I AM TRYING TO WORK WITH MY UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOR ABOUT THE NOISE. I HAVE MADE KNOW THE ELECTRICAL ISSUE AND H AVE EVEN GIVEN THE MANAGER A LIST OF COMPLAINTS WITH THIS INCLUDED.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NOT AT THISTIME

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A landlord must make reasonable and necessary repairs to the property within a reasonable amount of time under the landlord's duty to provide you a safe and habitable premises. If the landlord does not make repairs in a timely manner, they are in breach of lease and you can sue in court for breach and for either a court order to force them to make repairs or if you pay for the repairs yourself the court can order the landlord to reimburse you the costs of repairs.

If you are disabled, you can seek assistance from legal aid to pursue the landlord in court for breach.

Also, you can call the local building inspector's office and have them come out and inspect the property and they can even cite the landlord for any building code violations.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.