I went to a place to donate my plasma. They were getting…

Customer Question
I went to a...

I went to a place to donate my plasma. They were getting everything ready I had the needle in my arm and they started the machine but it didn't want to work right. The tech took the tubing out without taking out my needle and I started feeling cold go into my veins and then I felt my lips go numb and my face started feeling squeezed. I couldn't talk and I started drooling and gasping for breath. Apparently air had got into the line. I was almost in tears. I don't plan on suing but I was just wondering in case they decide to not let me donate because of the incident.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. They're waiting for the doctor to get back on Wednesday so they can talk to him.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

I am sorry to hear of the trouble.

Are you asking if you could sue for the injury you suffered?

Thank you for the clarification.

Certainly, you would have a claim if you had a medical report tying your injury to the negligence of the tech. Under the legal doctrine of respondeat superior, if the tech is liable, that liability would extend to their employer as well.

They would be liable for all you medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

The're waiting for the doctor to come back on Wednesday to ask him about it before they'll let me donate.

They do not have to accept the donation until they are clear it will not cause you health issues. It would seem they are taking a prudent step in waiting for a professional opinion.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

how much longer do i have to wait
Wait for what?