My children father and I live for 20years we bought a house…

Customer Question
My children father and...

My children father and I live for 20years we bought a house together in both our names he left me and married another woman and he collect the rent and pay the bills so he pay the bills in his name I want to know if his wife wants half and half of the house will I get throw out of my house can I call you I live in Schenectady

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I need to know now

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

No, if you are on title the wife can not claim the property as a spouse. NY is not a community property state and your ownership would not be affected by any right she may try to assert as a spouse of your ex.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney