I cannot find the Wa arbitration statement of proof form…

Customer Question
I cannot find the Wa...
I cannot find the Wa arbitration statement of proof form online. I need to complete soon. Where can I find a blank form?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

RULE 5.2 PREHEARING STATEMENT OF PROOF At least 14 days prior to the date of the arbitration hearing, each party shall file with the arbitrator and serve upon all other parties a statement containing a list of witnesses whom the party intends to call at the arbitration hearing and a list of exhibits and documentary evidence, including but not limited to evidence authorized under rule 5.3(d). The statement shall contain a brief description of the matters about which each witness will be called to testify, and whether that testimony is anticipated to be provided in writing, in person, or by telephone. Each party, upon request, shall make the exhibits and other documentary evidence available for inspection by other parties. A party failing to comply with this rule or failing to comply with a discovery order may not present at the hearing the witness, exhibit, or documentary evidence required to be disclosed or made available, except with the permission of the arbitrator.

In re the Matter of:

JOHN DOE,

Petitioner,

and

JANE DOE,

Respondent.

Case No: FC2015-******

PETITIONER’S PRETRIAL STATEMENT

(March 31, 20___)

(Judge ______ ________)

After the caption you would want to include a case history. This does not mean that you explain every detail of your relationship. A case history is what has been filed in the case. For example, “On March 1, 2016 Father filed his Petition for Dissolution. Respondent filed a Response on March 15, 2016. Mother and Father attended the Resolution Management conference on May 1, 2016.” This tells the Court very quickly what has been filed in the case and what got you from the Petition to trial. If you are going to skip one thing this would probably be it. While it is great to include, the court has the court record to review so even if you fail to include this you will be okay. The advantage to including it is to make everything easily accessible. This way the Court does not have to go looking for information. It is all in the pretrial statement

After the case history you would want to list the issues as well as your position on each issue. For example:

1. CONTESTED ISSUES OF FACT OR LAW
  2. Child Support
  3. Attorney’s Fees and Costs

1. CHILD SUPPORT

Father requests that the Court use the Child Support Guidelines to determine child support and that the order be retroactive to June 1, 2017

B ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS

Mother should be ordered to pay all or a portion of Father’s attorney’s fees and costs for taking unreasonable positions throughout these proceedings.

After the you have made listed your position on the issue and your argument for why the Court should order the relief you are requesting you would need to include a list of witnesses and exhibits. Everyone needs to know what evidence and what exhibits are going to be used. That is why you should have already provided the exhibits you are planning to use to the other party. Please review the example below:

WITNESSES

• The parties
  • Any witness listed by Respondent
  • Any rebuttal or impeachment witness
  • Petitioner reserves the right to amend this list.

EXHIBITS

• Petitioner’s AFI and corresponding documents
  • Respondent’s AFI
  • 2012 child support order

Next you need to indicate whether or not discovery has been exchanged. This just tells the Court whether or not each of you has provided the other the exhibits you plan on using. If the other party has not provided all of the information you can object to its use at trial. You must indicate your objection in the pretrial statement or the Court can allow them to use the evidence at trial. Please see example below:

PRETRIAL DISCOVERY

All discovery has been completed.

The parties are also required to tell the Court whether or not settlement was discussed and whether it was successful as well as how long the hearing is scheduled to be:

SETTLEMENT

The parties were able to come to a partial agreement regarding some issues The parties have been unable to reach agreements regarding child support and this is the subject of the mediation.

TIME FOR HEARING

The time for arbitration hearing is 60 minutes.

All pretrial statements must be signed by the individual that is filing the pretrial:

RESPECTFULLY ***** ***** day of __________, 20___.

This is the best sample I could find, you will need to modify it but it gives you an idea of what it would look like with your case names, facts, etc.I was trying to help you have some idea of what it looks like under the rules above it.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Thank you Ray for your help. This gives me a starting point. I am thinking about filling bankruptcy, should I file after this case? I work for a temporary agency and my employment is dependent on need of the agency.

You can do so, might be a good way to start over fresh.

Would they still be able to suspend my drivers license if I file for bankruptcy.

No if the suspension if for a debt here.

Ray, Lawyer