I have been contacting my Payflex for over a year now trying…

Customer Question
Hello, I have been...

Hello, I have been contacting my Payflex for over a year now trying to unfreeze my FSA for the past years and have been unsuccessful in getting this accomplished. In 2016 the changed the way claims are processed and now they required raw EOB from the insurance company. I have provided them with all my receipts from the Dental office and also conferenced Aetna so they can fax them all the documents they need an here it is a year later I still cannot use my FSA card. What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Every claim I filed over the past year they denied stating that is insufficient documentation. I have had Aetna fax them all the EOB's several times and each time I call they say they have not received it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have provided the documentation required and they still refuse to release your funds, your next step is filing suit against them in small claims court, which in GA you can do without an attorney for up to $15,000 in their small claims system. If the FSA is refusing to release the funds and it has been going on this long after everything has been provided and Aetna is saying it was provided, a lawsuit is your only option for breach of contract.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.