How do I make a legal middle name change? Florida. The DMV…

Customer Question
How do I make...

How do I make a legal middle name change?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The DMV has made me change my middle name on my drivers license. I have used a different middle name for 68 years than what was on my birth certificate,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a catholic since my birth 7/31/1943, at confirmation when I was 8 yrs old one could change his middle name to any saints name I changed mine from David to James and all my legal documents, SScard drivers license, Tax forms, pilot license, bank accounts, dealers license, carry permit all loans and vehicles, titles for my home everything has my middle name as James.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. This is something that would need to be court ordered and to start the process, the proper petition needs to be filed. The State of Florida has provided one, so you can review it and fill it out and file it, to change your middle name.

https://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/982a.pdf

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!