First I have to say my pc and phone are hacked. My estranged…

Customer Question
Hi, first I have...

Hi, first I have to say my pc and phone are hacked. My estranged sister gave my considerable inheritance to my husband illegally. I was told there was no $. Just recently found a large sum put into Edward Jones a month after my mom passed. Do I have recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I was in my mother's will. Can I obtain a copy? I went to courthouse to see probate records but they bypassed probate somehow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, my mother passed in 2013. The executor told me there was no $. My bro and sisters are very well off. They have have me under complete surveilence, very sophisticated. I've spent hrs. and hrs. researching and have a few names of companies that have supplied. Found GA phone numbers on both my sister and husband and did a reverse phone check. They've done illegal things and are watching to keep me from getting them arrested.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your estate law question in Washington today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your probate law question today.

Under the laws of Washington a will will be probated in the county of the deceased testator, so you should make sure that you contacted the correct probate court as all wills are public record and are filed with the probate court in the county where your mother died.

In addition , other probate assets outside the estate may need an additional probate in a court out of State.

There is a small estate affidavit/ summary estate procedure where your mother died without assets, this document is still filed with the court; so at the very least you should find a small estate affidavit filed with the probate court.

In relation to the property that your sisters inherited. Certain property passes outside of a will; it may be that your family received inheritances from joint accounts or insurance policies that don't need to be willed but pass outside a will.

Because the executor has a duty to file a will the probate court you need to contact the correct court for a copy of the will/ disposition of estate affidavit to move forward.

If you were left out of an estate devise you may have an action against the executor of the estate to sue him or her civilly.

Please follow up with me if you require additional assistance.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO please take the time to rate FIVE STARS before exiting today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

I went to courthouse for probate records. Probate was bypassed. My estranged sister gave a LOT of money to my husband illegally. This a fiduciary breach at least. Can I get copy of will at courthouse? Wouldn.t my husband have to show where that money came from? A subpoena to my husband and sister?

If probate was bypassed there will be an affidavit filed with the court.

Any will should have been filed with the court within 40 days of death.

If you believe your sister didn't file the will you can compel the filing of the will with the superior ct by filing a petition with the Superior ct compelling the holder of the will to file it.

Any interested part or heir in law like your self can file this petition ,pro se or by hiring an attorney.

Thank You

Attorney Bill