My friends father passed March 2015, she promptly retained…

Customer Question
My friends father passed March...
My friends father passed March 2015, she promptly retained an estate atty 3 days after he passed. The deceased is a colorado resident and so is the atty she hired (she is a texas resident). The total value of the estate is approx $12k and as of today has yet to be closed. She is not expecting any inheritance just would like the matter closed. It seems the attorney is giving her the run aroind as there is a class action suit against Ocwen Mortgage which the deceased had a mortgage with at one time. The house was forclosed after he died. She has repeatedly asked for a cirrent statement to date of what has been spent, what is owed and the total balance of any accounts. She doesnt even know where the money is as the attorney is the only signatory on the account. She keeps getting obscure answers and repeatedly is sent only an explanation and estimated charges of the difference between informal and formal closing. What specifically should she ask for so he cannot refute or evade her questions ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

She needs to state her concerns about closing this out as expeditiously as possible and the failure of the lawyer to do so.She needs to copy the judge with the letter as well to advise the courts.She has this right as the client.I would consider filing a lawyer complaint here if he doesn't proceed quickly to resolve this.

Lawyer complaint if the lawyer doesn't get this resolved quickly

http://www.coloradosupremecourt.us/Complaints/File_ComplaintAgainstAtty.asp

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.