My brother is trying to get his time ran concurrent. North…

Customer Question
My brother is trying...

My brother is trying to get his time ran concurrent

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not recently

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this issue?

My brother has been locked up since 1992 and was given 104 years, He has had good behavior for awhile but was told he not come up for parole or come up on the map program because he has so much time which is too much time any way especially since no one was killed. his time is set up where he has to serve each sentence instead of it all being ran together.
I basic;y want to know how can he get his time ran concurrent. I bet if you looked him up and looked up his case you would see how wrong it is.

Thank you for your reply.

The only hope your brother has here is filing a motion for post conviction relief, which is where he would have to argue his sentence was too severe based on the crime and present evidence in the motion supporting his argument and he can ask the court to reduce his sentence and to also run sentencing concurrently in that motion. This is solely at the court's discretion. If the court denies the motion, he can file an appeal to the appeals court to argue the sentence is too harsh.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney