I live in Tennessee and I have 2 granddaughters who live in…

Customer Question
I live in Tennessee...

I live in Tennessee and I have 2 granddaughters who live in Pennsylvania. What do I have to do to get custody of them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know how difficult it is and what it would cost

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

So, I wont get any answers until I pay that amount?

Lawyer's Assistant: You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.

Ok thank you for your time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Why are you seeking to get custody? Are their parents unfit?

I do not like their living environment and know they would be much better off down here with me. Their parents in my opinion are unfit. Thank you for your time I will get it straightened out.

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry, I do not understand your last sentence, do you wish to continue and want us to provide you information on what you would need to do to get custody in the PA court? Let me know as it sounds from that last sentence like you may not wish to proceed.

I do not want to be charged any further fees. I will get this matter figured out and thank you for your time

You have not been charged anything but a deposit, which you can contact customer service about and get refunded. Good luck to you. Best wishes.