How long do a p.o. have to issue a warrant not to serve one…

Customer Question
How long do a p.o...
How long do a p.o. have to issue a warrant not to serve one
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok

A probation officer cannot issue a warrant once the person has officially completed his or her probation. However, the PO can issue it at any time during the course of the probation.

the person on a four years paper they have four years to issue one and if one was on papers for a class C felony and a warrant was issued how long do they got to serve it
Well how long do the p.o. have to issue warrant after the person violate his or her probation in Tennessee is what I really want to know

Not exactly.

If a person is on probation for 4 years and he does something wrong but is still reporting to probation, then probation has whatever's left of the 4 years to file the violation.

HOWEVER, if the the person skips out on probation and fails to report at all, a warrant will issue for that person's arrest and that will stop the clock as to the end of probation and the filing of the violation.

Probation does not issue the warrant. It issues the violation. The judge issues the warrant once they learn the defendant is AWOL

if the judge don't notice the AWOL after four years the statured runs out

In my experience, the warrant will be filed very quickly. Probation would contact the DA who would alert the court and the judge would issue the warrant. Then if you were caught, 10 years from now, the violation would still be all written up and waiting for you.

If the p.o. never returned call to set appointment does that mean they violated my friend hadn't been to see p.o. in over a year because of this got pulled over but no warrant

If he never came to see his PO, which he's to do immediately if he misses an appointment, then he has likely already been violated and warranted by now. The fact that the police offficer wasn't aware may only mean that he couldn't get all the information about the defendant at the time of the stop.

If he wants to know for sure he needs to contact a local TN defense lawyer who can look at the court papers and do a search of the court computer. In my experience, it would be highly irregular that there would be no warrant out after a year's time.

If the p.o. didnt file the warrant yet and its been over a year how long do they have to file one after the violation do u know the statured the of limit on that

A statute of limitations only determines how old a case can get before it must be filed with the court. This case was not only filed already but the defendant has been convicted. The statute of limitations does not apply.

He needs a lawyer to check the papers and the court computer. If there's no violation/warrant, that's a mistake, but nobody's likely to catch it by now unless he gets a new arrest and someone alerts the DA. The odds that there is a warrant, however, are very, very good.

they can realize they never filed a warrant ten years from now and do it
A federal lawyer told me its a certain amount of time to file after the violation they couldn't remember off the top of their head the amount of time

So they can realize they never filed a warrant ten years from now and do it

Yes, but the defendant would have an argument that the state failed to exercise due diligence and could ask for it to be quashed on those grounds.

This isn't a Federal matter. It's a state matter. However, a warrant stops the clock.

I know its not so they lied we discuss the same on this matter

The only sure way to find out what went on is to get fingerprinted and request a copy of your RAP sheet or have a lawyer look up the records of the case.

I wish you the best of luck with this matter.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Really didn't get the answer we was looking for the person thinks the illuminati after us that's y all this happening how we investigate the matter

The Illuminati doesn't issue warrants. However, the answer doesn't change. The only sure way to find out if there's a warrant is to hire a local attorney to look up your records or to order a copy of your criminal history. Then, if there's a warrant, you address it by turning yourself in on it -- with a lawyer for best results -- and fighting the case. The prosecutor will have already investigated and you'll see the results of that as part of the discovery for the case.

Otherwise, the way to investigate an incident and not rely on law enforcement is to hire a private investigator, present him or her with the evidence that you have and of what you're looking to discover and let the investigator see what he can find.

Only good at answering around the question huh

I'm not even clear what the question is anymore. The original question was answered days ago. Now you're asking about another issue which doesn't seem to relate to the original question. So I'm opting out.

your not a defense lawyer cause the question was never answered but ok I know the government is never really for the people bye
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney