I was wondering if you would be able to help me figure out a…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and i was wondering if you would be able to help me figure out a few need to know questions about rightful ownerships about a brindled dog named Peachezz. Really needing your help.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I am aware of no nothing has been reported.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO the rest should explain its self.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your legal question about this for us?

About three years ago in 2015 I was interested in getting a puppy so after looking I finally found one that i like i ended up paying 600$ sence she was still young when I sent the money to the breaders befor the prices whent up on them, so had her in my possession for about a year traning her teaching her tricks potty training her obdience and all that good jazz, got her shots on top of everything she could need for her to be compleatly confortable as my but I dont think she got resagstred but any ways, as life takes it corse i got into a lil mistgest and had to go to jail for like two week, along with other personal family matters and opinion following, i asked my mom if she would dog set for me sence i couldent do it for that remainder of time and she said yes. well she never brought me my dog back and now she is with my mother ex fiance and now there telling me i cant have my dong back because "he wanted to take over the responcieilty for my mother sence they were a couple." so know he thinks he can keep her because of the money he spent on feeding peachezz. what documation do i need if this gose to court to prove ownershit and be able to get my other half back or idea of reasonable compansation to take care of this sichuation? Im also sorry for the miss spelled words.

They cannot keep your dog for you just because you asked them to dog sit. They can sue you for reimbursement for the feeding and care cost for the two weeks only if you agreed initially to pay for that. You are entitled to get your dog back and if they refuse to give your dog back, you can call the police and report them for stealing your dog and if the police refuse to take action and tell you it is a civil matter, then you can sue them in court to recover your dog back.

The dog is your dog, you can prove you paid for it, they have no right to keep it just because they watched it for you for a short period of time.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney