I I have been called repeatedly, sometimes five times a day,

Customer Question
I I have been...

I I have been called repeatedly, sometimes five times a day, in the last two years plus, on my business phone number stemming from one online pharmaceutical purchase that I made (2+ years ago). I have dates and times, as well as phone numbers, recorded. Do I have a case? To whom should I talk?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, just documented.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it, thanks!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

Thanks; what are your thoughts on my situation?

If you have asked them to stop and they continue to call then you would have a potential case against them. However, all of these companies are located outside of the US and use a spoofed telephone number to make it appear they are in the US.

I've never ordered from an online pharmacy but get nearly a hundred of these a day and ended up buying an app that just sends SPAM numbers to an automatic voicemail.

Also, no lawyers are taking these cases since there is no way to really get to the actual companies without investing a ton of money. I think the one that calls me the most is U.S. Pharmacy. They are from India and I know many lawyers who have even filed complaints with the Indian Embassy but have had no results.

That is what I thought. And mostly fromantic US Pharmacy. ..sometimes a call about a survey, or gathering some feedback. ..

If they are calling on your cell phone use the app called Truecaller that works and the more they call the more you can mark them as SPAM.

They have hundreds of phone numbers they use, but none of them are actual phone numbers. If you wait and try to call that number back 10 minutes later it either doesn't work or it is someone else.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Even if you are a subscriber or have a trial membership please leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so that the website knows I have answered your question.