Can one circuit court judge overturn another’s decision on a…

Can one circuit court...

Can one circuit court judge overturn another’s decision on a matter already heard

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, both cases involved how child support should be disbursed from a workman’s comp case. The injury was 2008, divorce 2006. Settlement in 2011 and child support was paid at 28% for 2 kids and figured off of TTD payments which replaced the income at the time. In 2013 some child support was again owed and new judge ruled 28% of total settlement to be paid out now. In 2011 previous judge dismissed any charges against defendant and ruled caught up. Now 9% interest also charged on back money alleged to be owed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

11/24/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

So are you owed money here from the ruling or are you now owing, which side are you on and how long since last decision by the court?

defendant-owe the money now. Last ruling was March 2016. I am also paying current support on one child for another 10 months in addition to the back funds owed with interest. It is a 5 year payment plan. The payments total over $2000 per month. It was discovered later that an acquaintance of mine who knew the judge expressed that the judge was a friend of the plaintiff's (my ex wifes) natural birth father. This judge is a fairly new circuit family court judge.
No thank you. Cannot afford more $.

The only remedy here would be another motion to modify and claim change of circumstances if you want to try and reduce it.It gets files in same court where last orders came from.

with the same judge? I will most likely be best to wait then until my next child emancipates. I cannot afford to keep paying the legal fees. It just seems as though I was tried 2x on the same issue-seems unfair that one judge ruled I pay a certain amount from my settlement (TTD payments) which was the law then and this judge gets to say otherwise. This was really my question-are judges allowed to change the decision of another circuit judge's on the same matter? Thanks

I agree you got a bad ruling.You hope you get a different judge here.You can file again yourself or wait awhile and use lawyer.Sorry this happened to you.

Thank you. I am thinking about filing a complaint with the Judicial Inquiry Board.
Ray, Lawyer