I was arrested for Battery / Domestic Violence on Sunday. I…

Customer Question
I was arrested for...

I was arrested for Battery / Domestic Violence on Sunday. I spent 24 hours in jail. I want to know how to get these charges dropped. I have no other history at all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Clark County , Nevada...Sunday November 19, 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am waiting for one to call me back

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Who involved the police in your dispute? Was the complainant injured? How seriously? Is she interested in prosecuting you?

My wife called...no she was not injured. I threw a cup of cold coffee towards her...no she isn't..she has apologized to me
my wife has huntingtons disease...which makes her very irritable and effects her impulse control so whenever she gets mad it is a huge blow up... I am her primary caregiver

There is nothing you can do to drop the charges. You're the defendant and nobody other than your lawyer is going to listen to you. She, on the other hand is the complainant. If she's not interested in going forward, she needs to try to talk to the prosecutor in charge of the case against you and let her know that the's not interested in pursuing the matter.

If the prosecutor agrees to drop the case is over. If not you need a lawyer and you can tell him or her that your wife wants to drop. He can bring that to the attention of the court and the prosecutor. Typically, at that point, as there are no serious injuries, the judge will want the prosecutor to come up with a means of resolving this favorably.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.