The house that I’m living in has been foreclosed. contacted…

Customer Question
Hello good morning, the...

Hello good morning, the house that I’m living in has been foreclosed. contacted the lawyer on the notice to vacate premises back in June. She told me she would contact me back and see what she could do. She never returned call and now i received a notice of motion for writ of assistance. I have no money for a lawyer am not working.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Ny. The bank owns the property and a server serves me in June. But i did contact the attorney on the paperwork.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

They filed a notice of motion for writ of assistance .and they sent us a notice to vacate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not really

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is that I can help with?

.

.

thanks

Hello, i live in SUFFOLK county ny. I’m living in a house that went into foreclosure. In June i was served with a notice to vacate the premises. I then contacted the attorney from the bank that now owns the property and she told me she would call me back to see what the bank could do to help me out. Now have a notice that there will be a court date to have sheriffs office remove my belongings. What are my rights and what do i do next? Is this legal?

You are considered a tenant at will and if the house has been foreclosed on and sold, then the new owner has the right to request a writ of assistance from the court to set a date where the sheriff will come out and forcibly evict you from the premises.

.

So you need to make sure to go to the hearing and attend so you can ask the judge to push back the deadline for any eviction as far as possible. It is up to the judge as to when to make it effective, and they may be willing to push it back until after the first of the year if you request it.

.

It is legal because the owner of the property has the right to possession of it and to have any occupants removed through the court process..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

thanks

Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney