I have consigned a lease and the tenant is prematurely

Customer Question
I have consigned a...

I have consigned a lease and the tenant is prematurely terminating the one year lease. What are my liabilities, can I sue her or her husband from who she has separated and if I do not pay the rental company what can they do to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Just did

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet but she can not afford the rent at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Were you just helping them out, which is why you co-signed?