Do I have to wait for a court date get restraining order…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to wait for a court date get restraining order dropped?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

I'm in Kern county CA,. And they say they have no paperwork yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not yet

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your civil restraining order question today.

I'm attorney Bill a licensed attorney assisting you today. If you have been served with a hearing date for an order you can file a written response with the court before the hearing or you could file a motion to dismiss the hearing by motion or demurer if the fact basis alleged is insufficient to give one the remedy sought.

Usually these cases do proceed to trial but opposition papers can be filed in the interim.

This will give you a better case against the order.

Failure to attend the hearing will result in a default being entered in your absence; so attending the hearing is something you will definitely have to do to oppose the order if your motion to strike is dismissed.

Please follow up with me if you need any more assistance.

We are here to help.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer