Can I get a lawyer tonight. GA. Son was arrested for failure…

Customer Question
Can I get a...

Can I get a lawyer tonight.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes son was arrested for failure to appear. never received paper work from court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes was arrested in Gainesville ga for a warrant in fulton county,. warrant trespassing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is the question that you have regardiing this incident? How long ago had he failed to appear? When was he arrested?

He was just arrested last night in Gainesville Ga. We are not sure of the failure to appear date because he never received a notice from the court for when he needed to appear

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay. I took my dogs for a walk and then had some breakfast.

First call the police station that arrested him. Sometimes the police will set bail on an arrestee. If so, you'll be able to get him out today. Otherwise, if it's not the policy in that jurisdiction for police to set bail, he will be brought before the judge, probably no later than Monday or Tuesday. At that point the judge would set bail and he would be released at that tiime.

As the warrant would appear to be a misdemeanor warrant, if the judge determines that bail is appropriate, it should be affordable.

The police should be able to tell you what court he will go to. You can call the court and should be able to find out from the clerk when he'll be arraigned so you can be there with bail money if possible.

I'm not sure what else you want to know, so if I didn't address what you were concerned about, just reply to this question thread and I'll be happy to add to my response..

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.