Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am getting married in PA. I have question. Can i apply for

Hi JA: Hello. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am getting married in PA. I have question
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can i apply for license after marriage? my ceremony is going to be happen in Temple .
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
11/24/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your family law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your marriage law question in PA State today. Firstly, I would like to take the time to offer my congratulations !

Thereafter,

To legally get married in PA you need to acquire a license before your ceremony.

The granting of a license is through the Marriage License Bureau of the Registrar of Wills in your County.

Your license when issued is valid for 60 days but does take 2-3 weeks before being issued so you should timely apply at least three weeks before your marriage.

Please follow the following guidelines:

"

1.Applicants should take the necessary steps to obtain a Marriage License 2 to 3 weeks before the scheduled date of their marriage ceremony.

2.Both applicants seeking a marriage license must appear together in person at the Marriage License Bureau of the Register of Wills office to complete the process.

3 you will need is photo id.

Please call the county Register of Wills in which you will be applying for their fees and other requirements.

(a)There is a three (3) day waiting period from the completion of the application process to the issuance of the license.

(b)A marriage license is valid for 60 days from date it is issued.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS before your exit today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Also I don't have my annulment certificate with me. I guess i lost it . Will they stop me from getting my license and certificate?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Are you still there ?

Yes ,

The actual annulment certificate may or may not be required. You can phone your County register of wills.

So long as you are not married you are entitled to get married and the clerk may or may not require documented proof for the record.

http://secureprod.phila.gov/wills/

Thank You for your positive feedback today.

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
sounds good .I just checked website and it does say that they require dissolution certificate . Does court do marriage backround record check before they give marriage license or certificate?

Marriage records are public record so your submitted documents will be checked against public records and the Department of Vital Statistics.

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/Pennsylvania-Marriage-Records.htm

Best

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you , still unclear . What to do if if i don't have annulment certificate ? I think i need to give call tom to office of montgomery county.

You should be able to get a certification from the same department or the Division of Vital Statistics.

http://secureprod.phila.gov/wills/marriagesearch.aspx

Best

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
alright . thank you

Your welcome.

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer