If a buyer couple make an offer on a Georgia residents in an…

Customer Question
If a buyer couple...

If a buyer couple make an offer on a Georgia residents in an estate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A couple make an offer on a Georgia residents

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the co-execs counter but the co[-execs sisters prior maiden's pritten name is ***** ***** of the estate signature..ie she counters as Barbara Jane Jones instead of Barbra Jane Jones Smith and signs as Barbara Jane Jones as co-exect. Brother and sister as co-execs live in different parts of the country and the time the doc gets back to their realtor it is really not readable..but buyers accept counter and contract becomes binding. However, buyers lender and closing atty insist tfhat a "clean" copy of contract be prepared. Sellers realtor prepares clean copy with any terms in counter included of course and this time sister's full co-exec signature is included as it should have been initially. .Is this new"clean' contract valid. after every one re signs with the co-exec's sisters full estate name included this time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
the amended contract that has the proper signatures would be binding do long as all the elements of a contract jave been satisfied, such as an offer, an acceptance, consideration exchanged. The executors have legal authority to act on behalf of the estate for estate property.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you!
the clean copy incorporates the counter and any changes...
But is not in itself an amendment....
Are you saying that if all parties sign
The clean with the proper exec signature
It is valid if other v intact terms are proper.
that would be correct. If it references and incorporates other documents that would be included as part of the contract.
Did you have any other questions? You are my last customer so I wanted to make sure before signing off . Enjoy the holiday!
I made a slight error she originally signed as Barbara Jane Smith as Co-Exec instead of Barbara Jane Jones Smith as Co-Exec
Does your answer still apply.
long as the person's identity can be determined it is still binding.
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information