I have a question about conflict of interest at the

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about conflict of interest at the workplace

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any conflict of interest been documented or proven?

Our Head of HR wants to employ her son and stick him in my department

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. Can you share with me about the situation and a little more about your concern?
Our Head of Human resource wants to get her son into the company into the service department where I am. The son is 18 years old, I know him privately, I know he smokes weed on a daily base, he is one of these kids who know everything after you show him one time ( which is not possible) I think there is a conflict of interest here) I just need to know what you think before I contact our headquarter. Our company is in Orlando and the headquarter is in Connecticut. The Human resource Lady also has a different last name than the son.Is there anything I can do?

Thank you and please allow me a moment to respond.

It does not appear there is really any conflict of interest. If she want to hire her son and have him work there, she can. Now, if you think she is acting outside the scope of her employment or the company has an issue with family members being hired, you can inquire about this and let them know. Moreover, if it appears there is an issue once he starts, you can address this then. It does not appear that there is anything illegal about her hiring him, so it is an issue if the company has any issue and knows this is her son and she is hiring him over a more qualified candidate.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!