My fiancé is stuck in Dubai because of a new law forcing…

Customer Question
My fiancé is...

My fiancé is stuck in Dubai because of a new law forcing income tax on citizens (he is American ).upon trying to leave Dubai. He completed two contracts there and made 20 million -$ . At the import immigration found the checks upon his person. They took his passport and told him he has one month to pay 400,000$ or go to jail for two and a half years. He has several million dollars but they will not allow him to cash the checks in Dubai. But he can’t come to America without his pass port. We were advised that we could be legally married online then I could send him the money from his attorney in SanDiego. How do we begin this process and be married in one month. The deadline is Christmas day 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No we only found this out yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes his attorney in San Diego

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That he has paid all his bills in Dubai and is a clean good man who just wants to leave that country with his hard earned pay, he has been there one and a half years with no salary that he can cash the checks on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

How long have you known him? How did you meet? Have you ever been together in person?

Have you ever chatted in a video link? Have you sent him money?

Are you open to the possibility that you may be the target of an online romance scam?