We move out of her apartment 1 month prior to our end lease…

Customer Question
We move out of...

We move out of her apartment 1 month prior to our end lease but we already pay it to to end of the month, she wanted the keys which we didn't give because our contract is not up yet and she got mad on us. we leave her apartment clean which I have a pics she charge as so much that we don't have any left for our deposit money and ended up owing her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Surprise az

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes we did file but we got denied and told to go to small claims court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it we have txt showing how rude she was and was pissed that we don't give her the key

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2017
Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney

Thank you for your post, can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, can you tell me how long after you turned over the keys to the unit did you receive a letter with the details of the reasons for the security deposit retention? Also, was it detailed by item as to the damages and the costs to repair/replace or clean?