Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Its about salary pay and how it works. Is it true if you get

salary you dont get days...
its about salary pay and how it works. Is it true if you get salary you dont get days off. Like if i am sick and have doctore excuse and they give me 6 days off til i go back to work . So my boss told me that all those sick days they gave me will be deducted from my check so i told him dont i get days off where the sick days dont fall on my days off because on my check you are going off a 40 hour week and yes i am salary but my checkstub onky shows that we work 40 hours a week. So i would think that a couple of those excuse by the doctor would land on days of since my sick leave and personal leave and vacation leave is base of a 40 a week pay and been accumilated of a 40 hour week and a 70 plus a week job because in that case we would have accumilated more sickand personal and vacation hours nut yet he wants to count every single day absent and deducted out of my check if i dont have enough to cover since i dont have days off at all so what happens to the after the 40 hours that we work a week? i am just thinking that it should go both ways if thats the case and not only when its convinience to them
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Fresno California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: What does that mean "at will"
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its full time
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
this is my offer letter when i started
11/23/2017
John, Attorney

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

John, Attorney
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok i did save it. i also sent you a cope of my offer letter. The company says we have no days off unless requested but when i request they deny my request . Well if you any question so you can better understand what i am asking please feel free to do so. Thank you
Phone call session started

The web links we discussed

29 CFR 541.602 (salary basis rule) - https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=ef543e5bb97bfbf55cefda9ab4c92f0a&mc=true&node=se29.3.541_1602&rgn=div8

How to file a charge with the Department of Labor - https://www.dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm

John, Attorney