My wife and I have an order coming before you come

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have an order coming before you come Pennsylvania. She has sold our house And intends to move to another state. Can she take the children across the state line and without my consent while we have an active court order

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We had an expedited hearing for December 15, but she had that cancelled and now we have to court dates for January 18/19 of 2018. My sons have medical needs and she works. I am the primary care giver.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No your remedy here is motion for contempt if there are orders setting out custody/visitation.You can certainly advise her that any attempt to take the children out of state and you would file for contempt.If you have lawyer here then have lawyer send the letter.That way it is clear you do not agree to this.Best you can do here on this issue.

If she leaves with kids and you get custody court will force her to bring them back here at the worst.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving and the best with all..