I got a letter in the mail for a bad check 1996. it says I…

Customer Question
I got a letter...

I got a letter in the mail for a bad check 1996. it says I have a warrant for the arrest out of Seneca town court(###) ###-####I called the no. i was hoping i could do this over the and pay what i had to. they said i had to appear i have lung cancer and other phis. problems i see 4 doc. every week i don't no what to do. i don't have money to pay a plain ticket and a fine. please contact me. ************.com or ****** Donald Roney

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

New York state the amout of the check was 290.00

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in florida i don't no why i can't pay the check and a fine .

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Just to be clear, you called the court house and where this is pending and verified it is real and not a scam?

Tina, Lawyer