I am getting ready to submit my arrest annulment as we

Hey Ray,I am getting ready...
Hey Ray,I am getting ready to submit my arrest annulment as we discussed. As I mentioned this was a DUI arrest in NH and all charges were dismissed. It’s nagging at me that I may have civil recourse but needed an opinion. I’ll present as much detail as possible:I was arrested for DUI and open container. I was 15 minutes out of work and had no substance in my system at the time. I did have oxycodone in my system that was not prescribed that was taken much earlier so this may eliminate my case but there were some aggregious items on behalf of the officer. The toxycology showed 0 alcohol, I did have emptys in the car which unfortunately the officer said was full which was not. I was also broken down the officer did not see me drive.Couple things that I felt were wrong that makes me feel like I should take action:The officer said there was a high speed chase and he left to check it out and said he came back and found Meth by my car. He used this for justifying the search but later stated it wasnt mine because of the high speed chase. I pulled the police logs for the local police which had no record so I can prove it didn’t happen.The officer said there was alcohol on my breath and it was 0. He also refused to give a breathalyzer he brought for blood.I can provide more detail if needed but these items were provably falsified. I did get better so good came but I hate the idea of letting it go cause of him doing it to someone else.I haven’t gotten a concrete opinion yet but have been alerted it’s costly and have to prove damages.Damages for me would be as a broker had to submit the report to my manager and office. My marriage ended although it was over anyway, and the pain and suffering if thats quantifiable.My questions would be should I consider action? If I do what potentional grounds? What is the amount if any?Looking for a candid answer as you always give thanks!
11/22/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You could use lawyer to file suit for denial of civil rights/false arrest.These are typically federal lawsuits so you would need a lawyer to file it and seek legal fees and court costs.

That certainly is an option here if you want to pursue them in court.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.Thanks anf good luck here.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Lawyer referral with ratings Plug in your city

https://www.avvo.com/civil-rights-lawyer.html

Ray, Lawyer