I live in FL. Was divorced 2 years ago. After div my x was…

Customer Question
I live in FL...

I live in FL. Was divorced 2 years ago. After div my x was awarded money for her legal fees. I was paying her(not her lawyer) until March of this year when she passed away. I stopped paying in April
Now the executor of her estate is trying to make me continue paying. Do I still owe money even though she has passed

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have death cert. I have the court judgement l have copies of everything paid through March of this year

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Fl

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

"I live in FL. Was divorced 2 years ago. After div my x was awarded money for her legal fees. I was paying her(not her lawyer) until March of this year when she passed away. I stopped paying in April"

I want to make sure that I am clear What fees is the Executor saying you need to pay? Is it the Attorney fees?