My daughter was given a home by her in-laws 10 years ago and…

Customer Question
My daughter was given...

My daughter was given a home by her in-laws 10 years ago and the in-laws just evicted her and her children and husband yesterday. my daughter has been paying the mortgage,taxes and insurance the hold time, she has a right to the home, can you help stop the mother-in-law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington state, city of des moines, county of kings in the seattle,wa. area

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, pertection order order on husband, harrassment order on my daughter along with 3 day eviction notice on my daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, we need to go back into the home, living on the streets with babies and she is 7months pregnant

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. What do you mean by she was "given a home"... it sounds like she was renting... If she didn't have a lease, they would need to give her a 30 day eviction notice. Otherwise, she doesn't need to leave.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney