I live abroad and my father was taken seriously ill but my…

Customer Question
Hi I live abroad...

Hi I live abroad and my father was taken seriously ill but my brother had not told me nor his sister. We think he is up to no good sort of thing. I would like to know if I can get a copy of my fathers will in Scotland without him or my father knowing for the moment

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Scotland Aberdeenshire

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My father has a farm and presume my father has a will done. when my father went to the hospital the care team told me my mum had been put in care when I arrived into Scotland. With my brothers aggressive nasty attitude towards me on the farm I realised something is fishy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

All my family are worried and said I should get back to Scotland to be there for my mother etc then before I left my brothers family got a bit aggressive with me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: I'm a United States attorney and if this question involved UK law per say I'd say you should wait for a UK attorney, but wills are not generally filed in advance of someone's death, precisely so nobody can see who gets what and fight over it. Therefore, there wouldn't be a way for you to get dad's will in advance - unless he gave you a copy - or if he attorney gave you a copy (which would be illegal). I hope I've answered your question - and I'm sorry I couldn't give you good news. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Hi. Just wanted to check back with you to make sure you had all the information you need...