I wanted to get advise on if I have a case for small claims…

Customer Question
I wanted to get...

I wanted to get advise on if I have a case for small claims court or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should I explain inshort about my situation?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, please do send me some more information about your situation. Thanks!

My husbands cousin offered to do our wedding photos for us as a wedding gift. They have never given us our photos and the photographers wife deleted the photos. What can we do since there was no actual written contract but an offer. If we would have not had the offer we would have paid for one. Id like for them to cover the cost for us to get photos redone including covering the cost of hair and makeup.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Again, I'm so sorry to hear this happened.

Unfortunately though there is not a legal basis for cause of action here.

In other words there are no grounds for a lawsuit or any way to enforce what you've proposed.

If there had been a written contract or if you had paid for their services, then you may have had grounds for suing for a breach of contract and the damages that arose.

Unfortunately since none of those are applicable here, there isn't any basis for a court to enforce payment for taking the new photos.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Ok thank you
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

You're welcome, no problem! If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Please remember to click 'Finish' and leave a positive rating so that I can be credited for my help with your question. 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!