Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I requested a company do a diagnostic test on my well pump

Customer Question

Second opinion] I requested a company do a diagnostic test on my well pump in 2015 . I never received a bill from the company for them coming out , and was just contacted by a collections agency to collect a bill. I called the company and it turns out he sent it via email but to the wrong email . Never called or mailed a bill. He admits it was his fault but is now out of his hands . He says to “ make any offer” to the collections company and he’ll accept. My question is now should i even pay collections because it was his fault?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Massachusetts . Was informed about two weeks ago
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes, the well company was contacted and admits he sent the bill to the wrong address in 2015
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My question is now should i even pay collections because it was his fault?

Response: Unfortunately, you are still responsible for the bill eventhough the initial bill was sent to a wrong address. You should do as instructed and make an offer.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.