I need a will. Durham, NC. Bank statements,house deeds

Customer Question
I need a will. ...

I need a will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Durham, NC

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Bank statements,house deeds

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF

_______________________________________
[Name of Testator]

I, _______________________________________ [Name of Testator], a resident of ___________________, North Carolina, being of sound and disposing mind and memory and over the age of eighteen (18) years or having been lawfully married or a member of the armed forces of the United States or a member of an auxiliary of the armed forces of the United States or a member of the maritime service of the United States, and not being actuated by any duress, menace, fraud, mistake, or undue influence, do make, publish, and declare this to be my last Will, hereby expressly revoking all Wills and Codicils previously made by me.

I. EXECUTOR: I appoint ____________________________________ as Executor of this my Last Will and Testament and provide if this Executor is unable or unwilling to serve then I appoint ____________________________________ as alternate Executor. My Executor shall be authorized to carry out all provisions of this Will and pay my just debts, obligations and funeral expenses.

II. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF CHILDREN

I have the following children, and all references to "children" in my Last Will and Testament refer to the named following:

Name: ____________________________________ Date of Birth: __________________

III. SIMULTANEOUS DEATH OF BENEFICIARY: If any beneficiary of this Will, including any beneficiary of any trust established by this Will shall die within 60 days of my death or prior to the distribution of my estate, I hereby declare that I shall be deemed to have survived such person.

IV. BEQUESTS:

I will, give, and bequeath unto the persons named below, if he or she survives me, the Property described below:

Name: _____________________________________
Address: ___________________________________
Relationship: ________________________________
Property: ___________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________

If a named beneficiary to this Will predeceases me, the bequest to such person shall lapse, and the property shall pass under the other provisions of this Will. If I do not possess or own any property listed above on the date of my death, the bequest of that property shall lapse.

V. ALL REMAINING PROPERTY; RESIDUARY CLAUSE: I give, devise, and bequeath all of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, of whatever kind and character, and wherever located, to my children per share, but if any child predeceases me, then his or her share will pass, per share, to his or her lineal descendants, natural or adopted, if any, who survive me; but if there are none, then his or her share will lapse and pass equally as part of the shares of my other named children; but if none of my named children survives me or leaves a lineal descendant who survives me, then according to one of the following options:

(I have placed my initials next to the provision below that I desire to adopt. An unmarked provision is not adopted by me and is not a part of this Will.)

_____ The rest, residue, and remainder of my estate shall pass to____________________________________ [name of alternate beneficiary] as alternate beneficiary of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate.

_____ The rest, residue, and remainder of my estate shall be divided according to the order of intestate succession in the State of North Carolina.

VI. ADDITIONAL POWERS OF THE EXECUTOR: My Executor shall have the following additional powers with respect to my estate, to be exercised from time to time at my Executor's discretion without further license or order of any court.

VII. WAIVER OF BOND, INVENTORY, ACCOUNTING, REPORTING AND APPROVAL: My Executor and alternate Executor shall serve without any bond, and I hereby waive the necessity of preparing or filing any inventory, accounting, appraisal, reporting, approvals or final appraisement of my estate. I direct that no expert appraisal be made of my estate unless required by law.

VIII. OPTIONAL PROVISIONS: I have placed my initials next to the provisions below that I adopt as part of this Will. Any unmarked provision is not adopted by me and is not a part of this Will.

________ If any beneficiary to this Will is indebted to me at the time of my death, and the beneficiary evidences this debt by a valid Promissory Note payable to me, then such person's portion of my estate shall be diminished by the amount of such debt.

________ Any and all debts of my estate shall first be paid from my residuary estate. Any debts on any real property bequeathed in this Will shall be assumed by the person to receive such real property and not paid by my Executor.

________ I direct that my remains be cremated and that the ashes be disposed of according to the wishes of my Executor.

________ I direct that my remains be cremated and that the ashes be disposed of in the following manner:
__________________________________________________________________

________ I desire to be buried in the _____________________________ cemetery in __________________ County, North Carolina.

IX. CONSTRUCTION: The term "testator" as used in this Will is deemed to include me as Testator or Testatrix. The pronouns used in this Will shall include, where appropriate, either gender or both, singular and plural.

X. SEVERABILITY AND SURVIVAL: If any part of this Will is declared invalid, illegal, or inoperative for any reason, it is my intent that the remaining parts shall be effective and fully operative, and that any Court so interpreting this Will and any provision in it construe in favor of survival.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, _______________________________________ [Name of Testator], hereby set my hand to this last Will, on each page of which I have placed my initials, on this ________ day of ____________________, 20______ at _____________________________________________________________, State of North Carolina.

_______________________________________ [Signature]
_______________________________________ [Printed or typed name of Testator]
_______________________________________ [Address of Testator, Line 1]
_______________________________________ [Address of Testator, Line 2]

WITNESSES

The foregoing instrument, consisting of ________ pages, including this page, was signed in our presence by _______________________________________ [name of Testator] and declared by _________________ [him or her] to be _________________ [his or her] last Will. We, at the request and in the presence of _________________ [him or her] and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names below as witnesses. We declare that we are of sound mind and of the proper age to witness a will, that to the best of our knowledge the testator is of the age of majority, or is otherwise legally competent to make a will, and appears of sound mind and under no undue influence or constraint. Under penalty of perjury, we declare these statements are true and correct on this ________ day of ____________________, 20______ at _____________________________________________________________, State of North Carolina.

_______________________________________ [Signature of Witness #1]
_______________________________________ [Printed or typed name of Witness #1]
_______________________________________ [Address of Witness #1, Line 1]
_______________________________________ [Address of Witness #1, Line 2]

_______________________________________ [Signature of Witness #2]
_______________________________________ [Printed or typed name of Witness #2]
_______________________________________ [Address of Witness #2, Line 1]
_______________________________________ [Address of Witness #2, Line 2]

_______________________________________ [Signature of Witness #3]
_______________________________________ [Printed or typed name of Witness #3]
_______________________________________ [Address of Witness #3, Line 1]
_______________________________________ [Address of Witness #3, Line 2]

SELF-PROVING AFFIDAVIT

State of North Carolina
County of ________________

I, the undersigned, an officer authorized to administer oaths, certify that ___________________________________________________________________, the testator, and ___________________________________________________________________, ___________________________________________________________________, ___________________________________________________________________, the witnesses, whose names are ***** ***** the attached or foregoing instrument and whose signatures appear below, having appeared together before me and having been first duly sworn, each then declare to me that the attached or foregoing instrument is the last will of the testator; the testator willingly and voluntarily declared, signed and executed the will or willingly directed another to sign in the presence of the witnesses; the witnesses signed the will upon request by the testator, in the presence and hearing of the testator, and in the presence of each other; to the best knowledge of each witness the testator was, at the time of the signing, eighteen (18) years of age or older, of sound mind, and under no constraint or undue influence; and each witness was and is competent, and of the proper age to witness a will.

_______________________________________ [Signature of Testator]

Subscribed, sworn, and acknowledged before me, ______________________________________________________, a notary public, by ______________________________________________________, the testator, and by ______________________________________________________, ______________________________________________________, and ______________________________________________________, the witnesses, this ______________ day of ___________________________, 20_____.

SIGNED:

______________________________________________________

Official Capacity of Officer

You just need to complete it here, you need three non relative witnesses and a notary.Usually your bank can witness and have notary.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Ray, Lawyer