I have a 5 year old divorce and pay outrageous spousal

Customer Question
I have a 5...

I have a 5 year old divorce and pay outrageous spousal support ion view of my disability and need for return of income to exist. As a retired siurgeon I have looked at all options and 2 foirms habve described an ex parte as a means of retyurn of emergent income.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Micvhigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but notyhing firm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that the support obligation is excessive due to recent circumstances; can you tell me if a modification request has been filed?

Not yet

Thank you; the court only awards ex parte orders when there is an emergency; this is typically since in custody cases when the children needs a more secure environment; or for temporary child support or spousal support orders.

Once an order is entered, the proper procedure to modify it is to file a motion for modification with the courts. It is important to do this as soon as there is a substantial change in circumstances that warrant a modification because the court will typically only order the modified order retroactive to the date the motion was filed and served.

These are the forms for filing a modification request.

Retirement is often the basis for filing such forms.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: