Can you tell me what can I do if I am on a bank account as…

Customer Question
can you tell me what...
can you tell me what can I do if I am on a bank account as next of kin. and the bank puts a hold on the Account can I ask them to take the hold off the account.Janice Ferris
The client of the bank account is still alive, but he cannot access his account. his bank is in another part of the world and he is in Europe.
He is a architect
can you help me
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

People who ask this question are almost always the victim of an internet romance scam. Is your so-called architect an internet boyfriend that you have only met via electronic means but have never dated in real time? What is the name and website for the bank?

The scam I believe that you have very likely fallen for is called the Stranded Traveler. Here's how it works, and if this sounds at all familiar to you, you will know I'm right, because scammers follow a script because it works.

You meet a guy on a social networking or dating site and he falls in love with you at first sight. He talks love, marriage, future and forever, before you can even meet in person.

He seems to be everything you always wanted in a man, and you can't believe your luck.

Typically, but not always, he claims to be a widower with a son or a daughter. Usually, he claims to have his own business, most commonly as an engineer, construction supervisor or architect. If he tells you he's in some other line of work, he claims his job involves international traveling.

And lo and behold, before he can finally meet you, he ends up typically in some country on that's neither his nor yours, where he claims to be working on some government building project.

Once there, Mr Perfect suddenly will turn into Mr. Needy, the world's unluckiest guy. He has the first of a series of emergencies for which only your money will do. There's equipment failure, for example, and he can't afford the repair. Or Customs is holding the products he ordered and he needs money to get them released. Or he has cash flow problems, can't get into his bank, and he can't afford to pay his workers. Or he gets robbed of all of his possessions and he can't leave until he pays his hotel bill. Or he or one of his family members gets ill and cannot get treatment or leave the hospital until you pay his bill.

The excuses are all lies, designed only to part you with your money.

This scam can come complete with phony documents, phony customs workers, phony lawyers, phony doctors and more. He may even send you a copy of his so-called job contract so that you can see for yourself that he's going to have money to pay you back with soon. Don't believe it. You will never see a dime of any money you send him. And you'll never meet him, since he's just a thief hiding behind a fake profile and a photo of someone else.

If any of this sounds familiar, and of course it does, he's a fraud. There is no exception.

You need to cease all contact with the scammer and send him no money. YOu will never meet him. And he will keep on having emergencies until your money runs out, at which time he will disappear for good.

If you're not convinced, upload any photos or documents that he has sent you and I'll be happy to try to prove that to you.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.