A car rental company Turo has has I am not eligible to rent…

Customer Question
A car rental company...

A car rental company Turo has has I am not eligible to rent a vehicle on their platform and also not giving me a reason for why they are denying me service. (I have rented with them before and the transaction was completed and all monies were paid on time). I have asked for a reason and asked if there are any inaccuracies that have influenced their decision but they refuse to give me a reason stating that they cannot share why they are refusing me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This is a car sharing app, the state I am trying to rent the vehicle is in Colorado (Denver) but the company HQ is SF, CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The vehicle is 2014

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is it. I feel it may be discrimination but until I can get a reason why they are denying me I cannot be sure.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

ok

I am sorry to hear this;

a company can refuse to do business with a customer for no reason, so long as it is not discriminatory. If the individual is in a protected class and the company refuses to do business with that person based on that protected class status, then that is actionable discrimination.

So long as the company complies with its contratual obligations (if any) when terminating a relationship with a customer, and provided it is not based on discriminatory reasons, the company or consumer is free to terminate the relationship without disclosing the reason.

If discrimination is suspected and a lawsuit is filed, then during the discovery process the plaintiff may subpoena internal records that indicate the reason for the refusal; if it is revealed there is no basis then that can give credence to the discriminatory charge.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: