I have a quick question. My and my partner are transitioning…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a quick question. My and my partner are transitioning to US on L visas, as intercompany transfer. My partner has a daughter , 19 years old that is currently taking gap year, before she wanted to apply to university. We were hoping that on L2 visa, she will be able to find part time job and go travelling in America for few months before returning to UK to university. But we were just told that L2 visa children are not allowed to work! Is there anything we can do so she can legally get work in USA? Change to another visa type maybe?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

11/22/2017
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
An L2 child is not eligible for employment authorization. The only option is for her to get her own nonimmigrant visa during the gap year.
She would need to find her own employer who can the sponsee her.I hope this clarifies.
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer