I received email from my student loan company telling me…

Customer Question
I received email from...

I received email from my student loan company telling me that I needed to call no later than "Please call no later than 9 pm est 10/31/17 in regards ***** *****(###) ###-####quot; I can show on my phone records that I attempted to call there offices on 10/31 at 6:46PM my time in colorado before the time I was given and got a message that there office where closed. As a result they put my loan in difault.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am unsure at this time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wanted to see about Detrimental reliance applicable as I was given an email from a representative from there company that gave me office hours that where past the time they closed and that I wrote email that night that still has not recieved a reply.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today .

I'm attorney Bill offering assistance and support to your legal question.

The contents of an email can amount to a contractual offer and obligation in relation to the settlement of a loan.

This really comes down to the email content; it isn't straightforward either due to the fact that you didn't give anything in return( legal consideration) for keeping the terms of the email open.

That said there can be reliance upon a representation made in writing as you suggest.

I would need to view the full email as an extra service to see to what exact stipulation and suggestion was made.

In the meantime you could contact the financial institution in writing making a complaint and it can also be possible to sue in civil court for breach of contract, when there was an offer made not subject to rescission until Friday at 9pm.

You can also look into filing a complaint with the division of financial services.

They do resolve most complaints customers have with their lending institution.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/division-financial-services

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you require any additional assistance including review of the entire email.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

You reply didn't come through, let me know if you require additional information ?

Thank You

Attorney Bill