Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My custom truck was damaged while being unloaded at a no

my custom truck was damaged...
my custom truck was damaged while being unloaded at a no reserve vehicle auction(Barrett Jackson) the transport company I went thru hired someone inexperience and he tried to unload it by himself and it got away from him and did about 18 K dmg. on a 40-50K Truck .There ins. is progressive and is trying to have it repaired. my question is should I be paid now for what I would have received from the auction. it was for sale with other vehicles selling for 40-50K . Or I need to wait for repairs and go to another less desirable auction .thanks David
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: I am from WA state but the truck and auction was in las vegas NV . the truck is a custom 1946 Chevy Cab over truck . pretty rare
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the insurance company is working on it, I just feel I should have sold my truck that day and now I have to wait for repairs and then try to resell it. and the truck is still in vegas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really ,can you tell me what this advice will cost me ?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: Ok
11/22/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

If the vehicle is totaled they would owe you the value of the vehicle.If it is repairable you may have to wait for repairs.Unerstand you may have a claim for reduced value here too.

Nevada Diminished Value Claims. Nevada is a diminished value state, which means you may be entitled to the diminished value of your vehicle after an auto accident. The statute of limitation on diminished value claims in Nevada is 3 years, and Nevada does not have uninsured motorist coverage for diminished value.

Nevada Diminished Value - Diminished Value Claims and Appraisals ...

You may want to consider your own appraiser for diminished value here if they tell you its repairable.

I appreciate the chance to help you , so srry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ok

Let me know if you have followup you can ask here.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer