Does the name on an insurance card in New Jersey have to…

Customer Question
Does the name on an...
Does the name on an insurance card in New Jersey have to match the car's registration? Can I buy an insurance for somebody else?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
ANSWER: A car's registration is in the name of the person to whom the car is registered. It does not need to match an insurance card, which merely shows that someone carries insurance - important if they're driving ANY vehicle. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Hi. Just wanted to check back with you to make sure you had all the information you need...