My wife works at a jewelry store. But asked to bring her car…

Customer Question
My wife works at...

My wife works at a jewelry store. But asked to bring her car to work for taking the rings they sell for ring sizing is that okay even into the early evening?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

State of Hawaii island of Kauai.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No that I know of I am just concern about that. Is it legal no problem?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if it's okay for the employer to tell them use their car part of work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Your concern is a valid concern that most people do not think about. An insurance contract is a contract so it will be enforced according to the provisions contained in the contract so the policy would need to be reviewed. Generally most policies will cover occasional business use if limited to running errands and visiting clients. In contrast livery services usually are not considered and this term refers to job descriptions such as ride sharing, delivery person etc.So while incidental use is typically covered one would need to review the policy.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you!
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information