What? West Virginia. Filed. My ex is crazy

Customer Question
West Virginia Lawyer's Assistant:...

West Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My ex is crazy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Has a report been filed against you? I'm happy to help if you can provide me some more information about your situation, thanks!

Nothing against me.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay, I'm happy to help if you can provide me some more information about your situation, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

My ex wife is in contempt of court . What’s going to happen?
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

If she was charged with contempt of court then a trial will take place in front of a jury.

If this is a criminal contempt of court charge, and she is found to be guilty, she can face up to 6 months in jail.

If this is a civil contempt charge (for example for the non payment of alimony or child support, and she's found guilty, she won't face jail time but she can be found to be in arrears for payment, and the judge can put measures in place to ensure future payment.

See:

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/chapterentire.cfm?chap=48&art=1&section=304

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!