I have a question about the term language I am including in…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about the term language I am including in an actor contract in the state of NV.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. What can I answer for you?

I just want to make sure I'm writing this correctly. I'm writing term language into a contract and I want to make sure the language I'm using is correct:On the occasion of a bona fide offer in a Broadway, National Tour, World Premiere/Tryout Regional Theatre, Television or Film production Producer agrees that Actor may give notice of termination of this Contract after eleven (11) weeks of performance from the commencement of the term of this rider with four (4) weeks written notice and in accordance with the following outs:a. EPISODIC TELEVISION OUT. Actor may upon forty-eight (48) hours written notice to Producer, take an unpaid leave of absence from the Play in the event that Actor has accepted a bona fide offer to perform a role in an episodic television series. For an absence requiring the Actor to miss one to seven days, the Actor shall give written notice to the Producer or the Producer’s duly authorized representative no later than 48 hours prior to the first missed performance.
b. TELEVISION SERIES. Actor may upon seventy-two (72) hours written notice to Producer, take an unpaid leave of absence from the Play for up to three (3) days to “test for a television pilot.” Producer furthermore agrees that upon no less than one (1) week written notice to Producer, Actor may take an unpaid leave of absence to perform a role in said television pilot for up to ten (10) days. Actor may terminate this contract upon not less than four (4) weeks written notice to Producer in the event that a new television series is picked up based on the television pilot in which Actor has performed under the terms described above. This television series must require Actor’s services not later than one week after Actor’s departure from the Play (based on the shooting schedule at the time that Actor requests the termination).
c. FEATURE FILM. Actor may upon seventy-two (72) hours written notice to Producer, take an unpaid leave of absence from the Play for up to three (3) days to shoot a role in a motion picture. Producer further agrees that Actor may take a leave of absence from the Play upon not less than four (4) weeks written notice to Producer, in the event that Actor has accepted a bona fide offer to perform a role in a major motion picture for up to four (4) weeks unpaid leave. This leave-of absence for a feature film must require Actor’s services not later than one week after Actor’s departure from the Play. In the event that Actor requests a leave of more than four (4) weeks, Producer shall have the right (but not the obligation) to terminate Actor’s contract.
d. THEATRE. On the occasion of a bona fide offer in a Broadway, National Tour, World Premiere/Tryout Regional Theatre production. Producer agrees that Actor may give notice of termination of this Contract with four (4) weeks written notice."

I'm going to open this question up to all of our experts.

Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you. Do you still require assistance?

Hello. Yes. I'm sorry, while I was working on this another, unrelated but still legal issue arose. I'm hoping you can help me with a Workers Comp question? I have an employee who has been out on WC for a year. Her injury is a vocal injury. I learned that she went to an audition last week for another show. Is that permissible while she is out on leave?

I'm sorry, but I am not well versed on worker's comp issues, so I would be unable to help you with that question.

Tina, Lawyer