I purchased 4 large appliances from Sears (Frigidaire

Customer Question
I purchased 4 large...

I purchased 4 large appliances from Sears (Frigidaire Products) in Sept 2017. The gas oven was slightly damage on each side. Sears agreed to credit my acct with $230. Also when they delivered the refrigerator they damage it and I was offered $200 and accepted the offer to credit my acct. As of this date, I have not been credited the monies to my acct. My question is I would like to pay in full my Sears Acct minus the $430 and any interest charged to my acct. I have been dealing with these people since 9-26-17 and all I am getting is the run-around. I made one payment on my acct just to avoid a bad credit rating but not sure this is the right thing to do. I initially wanted to pay in full after the first 30 day but I couldn't because of my dealing with them. I have a number of names, times and dates that I have tried to get this right. Your advice please. Fred Mattea @(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Crest Hill, Illinois. I started with the delivery of the Store/Oven which was still on the delivery truck at which time after talking with the Supervisor over the phone he made the offer of $230 and I accepted the unit. I told him at that time I wanted cash, or credit my account and NOT SEARS POINTS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Not Frigidaire. I didn't think it was their problem since I purchased the items from Sears.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case. you can seek the negotiate that reasonable discount. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. If they refuse need to consider it worth risk they report on credit score. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!