Im applying for a job and just signed a full disclosure, I…

Customer Question
Im applying for a...

Im applying for a job and just signed a full disclosure, I had a personal injury lawsuit (that I filed) and won... will that go against me in my background check OR is it more important that I was not the defendant?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

It was in Florida. no records, its just a question on a background check.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My case was filed as CP, It did not go to court, went through mediation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just if it will come back in a background check and if its a big deal

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Civil litigation for the past 7 years typically shows up. Of course it depends on the particular information requested. Normally one lawsuit of a civil nature will not impact employment offers because it does not reveal anything negative whereas constant litigation would be a different concern, as would criminal.
Full disclosure goes to integrity so that's always important.
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer