I am considering my insurance and submitting claims for

Customer Question
Hello, I am considering my...
Hello, I am considering my insurance and submitting claims for Therapy to my Insurance.
I know nothing about the implications of doing this.
Not looking for benefits information, but I'm curious if submitting mental health related claims has any consequences I should be aware of.
For example, does having an adjustment disorder diagnosis on record reduce my legal rights in any way?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Lawyer: wardchambre,
 replied 8 months ago
wardchambre

Hello My name is***** have been a psychotherapist for over 30 years and I bill insurance. There should be no consequence to you to submit your bills for mental health services at this time. The only problem would be if the current administration or insurance companies go back to the issue of pre-existing conditions. When that was the case before it was ruled against during the last federal administration some people could not get mental health coverage for a time. Right now the law is insurance companies cannot deny coverage for preexisting conditions. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Ok that's good to hear.
Should I be prepared to have my insurance company "manage" my case in an attempt to declare me no longer needing therapy at some point?
Does an depression related diagnosis (such as adjustment disorder) change my legal rights in any way? (how I'm perceived by a court, ability to purchase firearm, etc etc) ?