What about the secret society and neothink. Michigan. Not…

Customer Question
What about the secret...

What about the secret society and neothink

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I received a letter ttelling me about this secret society that wanted me to become a member and I did and for $139 they send me this book by Mark Hamilton called Neothink. I think the whole thing is a scam.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

We've received many questions here about the Secret Society/Neothink:

You should be very wary of any so-called secret society that tries to flatter you to pay for membership into a so-called elite group which, as it turns out, is just a way to sucker you into spending more money. Beware of any unsolicited offer that seems too good to be true, the specifics of which you can't even learn about until you give up some money and personal identity information.

You can easily find all sorts of fraud and ripoff reports about the Neothink Society.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/miss-annabelles-money-pit-neothink-the-league-and-the-twelve-visions-031814.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-society-of-secretsthe-neo-think-society/internet-nevada-/the-society-of-secretsthe-neo-think-society-the-neo-tech-societypax-neo-techthe-neo-thi-570512

How secret can it be when it makes unsolicited calls and mailings by the thousands? Just secret enough, it would appear, that you probably won't be able to get your money back.

You may want to report them to your State Attorney General's Office and to the Federal Trade Commission at www.FTC.gov if you are unsuccessful in getting them to refund you.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney