Woman had a verbal contract for truck on payment with my…

Customer Question
Woman had a verbal...

Woman had a verbal contract for truck on payment with my daughter,, my daughter got behind so I sent the woman money which she cashed, then in less than 2 weeks came and took the truck back, I want my money back.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Mich,, 2003?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not get,, she just told me go ahead, not returning cash

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, can she take payment and truck?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did the money you sent bring the loan up to current so daughter wasn't behind on the payments at all?

.

.

thanks

There would have been a matter of another 100 to be current, she took the truck while my daughter was at Work, put all her belongings in a garbage bag

Ok, I hate to say it, but if she was behind, even a little bit, the seller has the right to repo the truck because daughter has breached the contract. Any money you sent in to help would be considered a gift from you to daughter and the seller wouldn't have to return it.

.

But the seller would either have to sell the truck at public auction and apply the money towards paying it off, or return the truck to daughter and sue her in court for a judgment for whatever she still owes..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks